Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

an evictee's cry


I dont want benevolence
Today, the day of issuance
But I dont want any deeds
Nor I want a memoir
of the dreadful day of demolition
of my only homestead
Today a day of hungama
Babus' sponsored Hungama

let the terminals come
ye the containers hail
and I was ready to surrender
but they dont allow me
for bulldozers are ready
and orders already in air

I dont want any sympathy
Nor I want a press report
of the fate of homeless
But I my prayer is definite..

Let this not be like a
Dreamed city of smart
That they called 'smart city'
which is still in papers
But the homesteads were crumbled

Hail Hail Ship Terminal
Vallarpadom Ship Terminal
Damn the memoirs of childhood
Damn the memoirs of homestead
lovely sweety homely home
Which gave me light and warm
which gave me bread and butter

But one this is sure..
I dont want to stand in the way
let the development come
let the investment come
I dont stand in the way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment